Monday, April 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Apple Casserole

August


1 1/4 lbs. sweet potatoes
1/2 c. water
1 lb. apples
1 c. apple juice
2 T. cornstarch
3 T. water
1/2 c. honey
1/3 c. wheat germ
dash cinnamon

In a pot with , steam yams in 1/2 c. water, covered about 20 minutes. Peel and slice them lengthwise in 1/2 " slices. Layer the slices in a casserole. Peel and core apples, slicing them 1/2" thick over sweet potatoes.
Heat apple juice to boiling. Combine cornstarch with the 3 T. of water and slowly add to juice, cooking until thickened. Add honey. Spoon sauce over apples, top with wheat germ and cinnamon. Bake at 350* until apples are tender, about 25 minutes.

This recipe supposedly is good for fighting cancer. The "experts" always tell us different stories. To me, health food is any food eaten before the expiration date.

Our love never rhymed,
Should my song? We never sang
our feeling's of two scared people.
Too brave in this world, only minds.
  Joyce Montage. Published 1997 in the anthology "Of Times Gone By"
I'd love to see that put to music

When I read my weight on a scale, I pretend it's my  IQ...Unknown