Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Barbecue Herb Meatloaf

June


1/2 c. BBQ sauce, divided
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. dry bread crumbs
1/3 c. onions, chopped
1/4 c. green bell pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 T. each: parsley flakes, fresh parsley and leaf basil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. each: thyme and salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Heat oven to 375*. Mix 1/4 c. 0f the BBQ sauce with remaining ingredients. Shape into a log in a 10"x6" baking dish. Bake 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serves 6


 Today was so bitter cold so I stayed in and watched Geraldo Rivera and drooled. The show was about skin color and I learned so much positive facts. Thank you sexy Geraldo


To all my buddies at the local bar
around the corner, "bout a mile
Go home again and try anew
Pray to God" make worth your while.

When you're home, I'll think of you
for at least the first few days.
That's the toughest test of all.
Pray to God at home you'll stay.

You're still my friends, everyone.
So many times we broke ol' eight?
swapping breeze among the drunks.
Pray to God, that's never too late.

We'll meet again, at least every month.
Oh well, God didn't make us perfect.
The bible reads this, it's true, and
Pray to God, his touch could bring effect.

He has helped me, I am so grateful
My love of home won this game.
I know and hope you'll understand.
Pray to God, he knows your name.
  
 Joyce Montague...June 17, 1983...The day I quit going out!