Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Creamy Mushroom Soup

May 22. 1994


1# fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, diced
1/4 c.butter
2 T. flour
2 c. canned milk
1 1/2 c. water
salt/pepper
1 T. dried parsley flakes

 After cleaning mushrooms, chop into small pieces. Heat butter and saute vegetables 8 minutes. Add flour and stir to blend. Add milk, alternately with water, until thickened. Bring to a slow boil and Cook 2 minutes. Season and serve. Any leftovers can be used in a creamy casserole        4 servings.

 This soup was served to my toddler in her highchair and she enjoyed picking out the mushrooms with her tiny angelic fingers and laughing at Bob from America's Home Videos.
 I would love to tape this baby skating on her toddler skates, against the cooling sunset.


 In the 70's, there was a time I could not safely walk down the street without a certain man beating me up.
Time heals. Now much has been done for domestic violence.

I never thought hurt would come
Between us like it has,
But true love never sees the pain
Or anger you always lash.


"If You See Me With Another Girl"

I love you Johnny Rivers

No comments: