Friday, April 22, 2011

Potato Bread

July 18, 1993


2 eggs
1 1/2 c. water
1 1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. oleo
1/4 c. honey
3 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1 1/2 c. instant mashed potatoes
2 1/2 t. salt
2 pkgs. dry yeast
about 3 c. whole wheat flour

 In a large saucepan, heat water, milk, oleo and honey until tepid. In a large bowl, combine tepid liquid, 2 c. of the unbleached flour, potatoes, salt , yeast, and eggs. Beat 4 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Knead 7 minutes.
 Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place until double. Grease 2 loaf pans. Punch down dough and divide into 2 loaves and place in pans. Cover and let rise until double. Bake at 375*, 40 minutes or until medium brown. Remove from pans and rub entire loaves with oleo.

 Mary Marshall of Marshall Auto Salvage bakes the best bread of anyone I've tried. She is the paternal grandmother of my children. Her cinnamon rolls could be marketed and she would be rich. xoxo


July 8, 1996

My little Devin, today your tonsils came out and adenoids. My heart goes out to you because you're so young but hopefully this will end your sore throats. I'm here to walk the path that Jesus gave us and to make you as comfortable as I can. You are in the recovery room right now. I love you very much honey.
This is hurting me too.