Thursday, April 21, 2011

Summer Cobbler

July 30, 1992

1 c. sugar
1 T. cornstarch
1 c. water
1 pkg. (20 oz.) frozen berries
2 T. oleo

Topping:
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 T. sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. shortening
1/2 c. milk

 In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch with water. Add berries and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Add oleo and stir. Pour into a 2 qt. casserole. Set aside.
 For topping, blend all ingredients except milk. Stir well, then add milk. Mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto berries. Bake at 400* 25 minutes. Serve hot. Serves 8

My neighbor Doris offered strawberries to add to this in place of raspberries. Works!

"In the Morning, Say You Love Me"

I love you Rod Stewart

An excerpt from my diary, July 23. 1994 4:00 a. m.


I'm up bright and early. When the sun comes up, I'll walk with Devin in her stroller to the Beacon and get the city's best biscuits and gravy. I hope she lets me eat in peace.